Tuesday 6 November 2012

100-calorie lunch for one


To counterbalance all the yummy goodies I love to indulge in, I tend to eat more healthily when dining alone at home. Today I was working on an essay from home, giving me the perfect excuse to rustle up one of my favourite ‘healthy’ meals: Pea Soup. My flatmates and I would often make this at university. It is probably the easiest (and quickest!) thing to make and really delicious too! 

Ingredients:
1 cup of frozen peas
1 cup of water (adjust to desired consistency)
1 heaped teaspoon of bouillon

In a small saucepan (I used a milk pan) put the peas, water and bouillon. Bring to a boil and allow the peas to cook for a bout a minute before allowing the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into a blender and blend until smooth... Pour into a bowl and enjoy!

3 Ingredients... 3 Steps!

P.S. For a bit more decadence, stir in a dollop of crème  fraiche! 

P.P.S. For variety, add crisp-fried pancetta, some pesto, or both!

No comments:

Post a Comment