Sunday 4 November 2012

“Isn’t this just the last thing you’d want to do?”


I hate writing essays. There’s simply no avoiding this fact. I will make no excuses for it. This is something I fast-learned in my first year at St. Andrews, and subsequently fast-forgot when it came to signing up to the Courtauld. After many hours, days and nights of research and endless procrastination, I was FINALLY done with my essay. Slightly-sleep-deprived and beyond excited to part from the books (and my laptop) I skipped along to the Saatchi Gallery to meet up with a girlfriend on her last day in London.

Loved this installation of Theosophilus London... Definitely one of my more favoured photographs!

Walking through the many galleries of the Saatchi, I slowly said goodbye to my horrible essay and bid farewell to my good friends, Chinese performance artists Peng Yu and Sun Yuan. Mindlessly admiring Karl Lagerfeld’s fabulous photography and Carine Roitfeld’s styling of the Little Black Jacket, I was slowly transported to Chanel heaven. My day was made even better when I picked my free poster! Georgia May seductively pouts at diners in my dining area now!

Installation view of Yoko Onos's 'The Secret of My Long Life'

My day came full circle when we entered the Yoko Ono performance installation. Writing about performance art from 00:00-5:40 (when I crashed and fell asleep), and then again from 10:00-14:40 (when I was finally over the essay and e-mailed it over to my professor), and then to encounter performance art… my exhausted brain just gave up. My friend turned, looked at me and asked, “Isn’t this just the last thing you’d want to do?” I duly nodded… and off we went to the nearby Botanist in search of a cold glass of Pinot Grigio.

No comments:

Post a Comment