Friday 16 November 2012

Square Mile Masked Ball



Aside from being my best friend (peanut butter to my jelly, yin to my yang, wiener to my schnitzel, the list is endless…) SS has most recently become a fabulous PR girl at a luxury goods company. This is on top of pursuing an acting career… How she does it, all the while relentlessly dolled up and looking gorgeous, is a total mystery to me. But I love her. And that love grew that little bit more last night when she called me at 7PM. This is how our conversation went.

SS: Babe, want to come to this thing tonight?
Me: Are you talking about that black-tie function in Mayfair?
SS: Yes. That’s the one.
Me: Ok, let me just slip into my gown and... Wait, it’s a masked ball right? I don’t have a mask.
SS: Sorted. Got one for you here. See you in an hour.

SS and B looking fabulous in their masks!

Now, I’m all for impromptu black-tie functions. But I’ll admit it. I’m a bit of a diva when it comes to dolling up for a night out. I wish I could effortlessly tousle my hair a little bit, put on some lipstick, heels and a dress and be out of the door. But I’m not. I never have been, and I never will be. A little panic came over me when I remembered that SS and B were getting their hair done by a stylist from Chanel! After trying on and re-trying various full length gowns, I went for a printed silk gown. With a low side-pony and some makeup I was out the door and en route to the Square Mile Masked Ball in support of Rays of Sunshine.

 Doing our bit for charity, one masked ball at a time.

Upon entering One Mayfair, we were blown away. From the stilt walkers to the gorgeous lighting in the room. The entertainment flowed, as well as the champagne. Watching acrobatic performers perform tricks that blew me away and singing along to classics with X-Factor rejects, us three girlies had a fabulous time! The ambience of the venue was really special, and I felt completely special just being there! Definitely beats a night in with my essay…

X-Factor Reject and "Fairy Flutterbye" Melanie Masson

The beautiful Lux girls

Looking around at the gallery for the silent auction, we were thoroughly impressed. There was some fabulous memorabilia for sale, and all for a great cause!

The fabulous silent auction prizes

The Rat Pack a.k.a. our male counterparts

Afterwards we sauntered down to Orchard Street for more cocktails and dancing at Rose Club… was a fabulous (albeit completely impromptu) evening! 


No comments:

Post a Comment