Wednesday 20 February 2013

Brunch at Nopi



I must be onto some kind of record. 5 brunches in 5 days… seriously. I mean I’ve always loved brunch, but its getting kind of ridiculous. Like they say though, eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a Queen and dinner like a pauper… I’ll happily combine the meals of a King and a Queen any day!

The brunch that kicked this brunch bonanza off was a Saturday treat with my sister at Nopi. Yotam Ottolenghi can do no wrong in my eyes and I was excited to sample the goodies on offer at Nopi. As soon as I walked in I knew I was home. Shiny white subway tiles, gold-topped tables, jazzy chandeliers and fabulous art that I was tempted to take home with me… and don’t even get me started on the loos! Mirrors, mirrors and more mirrors… I wanted to take that home with me, too!



Of course I was there for the food… and that did not disappoint! After dancing the night away at Dukebox my body was severely craving eggs, and so I ordered the Shakshuka. It was absolutely divine! And the addition of yoghurt (something I’ve never had served with Shakshuka before) added a decadent creaminess to the otherwise (relatively) healthy dish.


My sister ordered the black rice pudding. Naturally we shared, taking bites of each others’ food. I definitely won with my Shakshuka, but the black rice pudding with the delicious addition of coconut milk, mangoes and bananas made for a refreshing yet decadent treat that reminded me of family holidays on the beaches of Thailand and Malaysia…

With the super large quantities it was fair to say that we didn’t finish our food. And that was DEFINITELY not because the food wasn’t delicious. It was! Times a million! I’m already salivating just thinking about what Nopi will have to offer on my next visit…

21-22 Warwick Street
W1B 5NE
020 7494 9584

No comments:

Post a Comment