Wednesday 6 February 2013

Funfetti Butterscotch & White Choc Chip Cake Batter Blondies




Birthdays are a specialty of mine. Others, not mine of course… My birthdays are marred by the birthday blues and no amount of sugar/glitter/champagne/balloons/presents/any combination of the above can rectify this horrible disease. Other people’s birthdays, on the other hand, I LOVE!!



When I heard that a friend’s birthday was coming up, my mind immediately went into overdrive of what I could bake. Birthdays should always be special, with lots glitter, on EVERYTHING! I used to have a huge stash of edible glitter (holographic being my favourite shade), but sadly it seems that they didn’t quite make the move from St Andrews down to London. So instead of charming the pants off the birthday girl with an abundance of glitter, flavor and funfetti would have to suffice.


Let me present to you the epic Funfetti Butterscotch & White Choc Chip Cake Batter Blondies. There’s something about the combination of funfetti, cake batter and white chocolate which is so reminiscent of childhood birthdays… My baking partner was TOTALLY against the use of funfetti (Childish?! No way!!) but I love them, and what is life without colour, eh?


         110g butter (melted)
         1 egg
         1 cup white sugar
         1 tbsp vanilla essence
         1 cup flour
         ½ cup white choc chips
         ½ cup butterscotch chips
         ¼ cup of rainbow sprinkles for batter + extra for decoration

First preheat the oven to 175°C.
In a bowl, whisk the melted butter with the egg, sugars and vanilla essence. To this mix, add in flour. When fully combine fold in the white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and funfetti. Pour this batter into a lined/greased 9”x9” (or similar) cake tin and bake for 20 minutes. Leave the blondies to cool for 20 minutes before cutting up into squares. Pile them up high, sprinkle with more funfetti and ENJOY!!


P.S. They were such a hit the first time round, I baked them again… not for a birthday, just because.

No comments:

Post a Comment